View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2019, 9:42 pm   #4
mikeplow1961
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Sharp GF9090 bluetooth project

Well it's arrived and it's love all over again

One speaker dislocated, one speaker grill dislocated, tape deck play seized, waveband buttons dodgy, last 4 toggle switches not working, sliders very rough and 42 years of dust, grease and human DNA in every orifice but lights and vu meters are working and FM radio this beauty sounds just as good to my ageing ears as it did when i owned one back in 1978.

But dear God is it heavy. I thought there must have been 8 batteries in it but no. How on earth did I walk 4 miles to and from work every day carrying one of these? I needed a lie down after putting it on the kitchen counter. It's one serious lump. But my goodness, it is one beautiful lump. My 12 year old daughter, who carries the entire world round in a smartphone, cannot quite get her head round that we used such behemoths.

I'm now seriously considering gutting it and just putting a Bluetooth amp in it (I'd never play tapes or listen to radio) or keeping the amp in and putting a Bluetooth receiver in as I'd really love to keep the vu meters volume and eq sliders active. Decisions decisions!

Some dismantling and the beginning of a cleanup this weekend. More pics anon.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gf-9090 delivered.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	190381