View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2018, 9:18 pm   #12
GrahamN
Hexode

Default Re: Radiophile Magazine

Just a quick note about emails - Although Chas doesn't use the internet himself (for various reasons that there is no need to go into here), I do. Emails can be sent to me, and I generally try and arrange a telephone call to Chas at least once per week to update him and get answers to queries that I can't answer. The problem with answerphones etc. (and I have had this discussion with Chas) is that he can't justify separate business and personal telephone lines, and not answering personal calls could cause problems.

Also, bear in mind that Chas has been publishing The Radiophile for many years now, and changes don't come naturally to him. I've moved him part way into the 21st century with the website, PDF option on the magazines etc., but he still prefers to edit the magazine in the way he has done for a long time, and that does take a lot of concentration and time. Much of the attraction of the magazine is due to Chas's style, and it wouldn't be too sensible to make changes that could affect that.