View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2018, 2:36 pm   #11
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.
Default Re: Radiophile Magazine

I think Graham is the on-line interface with the 21st Century Steve-dealing with a lot of admin and everything on line. That said, Chas's personal approach to modern life does seem to set the magazine's excellent style.
My previous comments were actually much more aimed at the readership than the man himself. Chas has pointed out his telephonic problems in more than one editorial over the years [to say the least]. If people read the magazine they pay for [I'm sure they do] it's a puzzle as to why his pleas go unheeded. Perhaps they don't think it applies to them Either way, it seems much simpler to just take the phone of the hook!

Just seen your post Paul. I think Chas has had answering machines in the past but it's the calls being made in the first place that disturbs him.
He talks about callers going on at great length, ringing for information he no longer holds or unnecessarily in the first place when he has requested otherwise. I'm not sure there is a processing system that will solve this one!
I work from home but have no qualms [I enjoy ending a tedious call or leaving the phone off in the first place]. Chas is a very nice chap and probaly doesn't want to be impolite to anyone. It's speculation on my part though, of course.

I suppose the Forum is not immune to something similar itself when rules have to be repeatedly "bumped" but it's not quite so personal.

Dave

Last edited by dave walsh; 11th Jun 2018 at 2:59 pm.