View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2005, 4:52 pm   #37
Oskar.B
Pentode

Default Re: Homebrew transmitter project (Frank vs. Oskar :) )

Hi Frank,

I can understand if you don't want to help an unlicensed operator out on the air. I don't think I will have time to take a license before the transmitter is finished though. My intention is just to test into the dummy load until I have a legal way of operating the transmitter on the air.

I don't even think that my current antenna system could be used to test the transmitter, thats because the grounding seem to be very poor now that the ground is frozen. When I tested the antenna with my Trio receiver this summer, the ground improved the signals really much, but now there is hardly any difference when I connect the ground.

I totally understand the problems people can have with an unlicensed guy like me building a transmitter. However, building and testing a transmitter into a dummy load should not cause any trouble I think. And as long as we keep the discussion technical and nothing but technical I don't think naughtiness is encouraged in any way.

Difficult dilemma though, as I might, for all you know, say one thing, and do another, and I understand if a moderator would like to close the thread(s).

/Oskar

http://gargnas.net