Old 14th Apr 2018, 11:34 pm   #9
camtechman
Nonode

Default Re: Bush TP79 cassette

Martin,

Quote:
The power input is 240v

IMPORTANT !!

Are you absolutely/100% sure that the 'socket' is for 240V AC, does it say or is it printed somewhere !! Sometimes, where the 'socket' is fitted, it should printed on the case, nearby.

The reason for this question is that, this type of connector was used mainly in the 70's and very popular.

But, unfortunately, some manufacturers used them for mains input, whilst other manufacturers used the very same 'socket' for use with an AC to DC adapter.

This lead to major & dangerous problems. i.e. A lead which was designed for use to supply mains voltage to an AC machine could also be plugged into a machine that was designed only to run off an AC to DC supply. The result, to the AC/DC version was disastrous !!

The result being the discontinuation of that type of plug & socket and the introduction of the Fig 8 type.

However, you can still but the 'plug' from CPC/Farnell into which you can fit a two core mains lead.

Here's the direct link:
http://cpc.farnell.com/unbranded/cn-...m%2Fw%2Fsearch