View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2018, 11:33 pm   #72
Lucifer
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Wiring a desk electric fan.

I came across the following whilst perusing various diagrams which isn't particularly encouraging. I think those of the opinion that this particular wiring job requires a personal hands on approach may be correct.

I have motor with five outgoing wires: white, brown, red, blue and black.
• white - has no resistance with any of the others.
• brown-blue = 136ΩΩ
• brown-black = 366
• brown-red = 108
• red-blue = 25
• red-black = 260
• blue-black = 236

Your description is confusing and the motor is complicated. There is no standard for colour coding motor wires. The motor may be defective. There is little chance of figuring out the correct connections based on resistance readings. Someone with a lot of experience and more test equipment might be able to figure it out, but it is probably a waste of time to attempt to figure it out using an internet forum like this. – Charles CowieFeb 15 '17 at 15:07

• Stainless answer is very correct. There is no assumptions as the details are technically and theoretically correct. With the second upload of drawing with the starting and main winding, the details are very correct and there is nothing that will prevent the motor from running. The rest job is for OSM to wire correctly – Kamah Dec 27 '17 at 7:30

• If you do not know which wires are connected to the start capacitor, you are lost unless the MFG has a diagram for you. – Sparky256 Dec 29 '17 at 5:53

• If you know where the motor came from there may be a chance to find how it is intended to be used. Tracing existing wiring or circuitry would be a great help. – KalleMPDec 30 '17 at 12:36