View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2020, 11:28 am   #12
MickMcmichael
Pentode

Default Re: British relay television film

I'm not sure of the location of the picture that Rich (slidertogrid) has posted. It's definitely not British Relay, I worked there. It could very easily be the back yard of "Harry Bone" who was a TV repairer just round the corner from Relay.

Here is a picture of the old British Relay premises in Peterborough. It's about the only one I could find. It must have been taken in the late eighties. I think the Relay operation in Peterborough ended around the mid eithties. The TV repair side of the business acquired new premises around 1980 but the Relay system remained in Cobden Street until the end. It was also used to "convert" Relay sets to off air with replacement tuner/IF boards.

The Relay building is the one in the middle with the orange/red sign over the door. The building to the right of it is the old Co-Op TV repair workshop (there was lots of banter shouted in the street between us!) and the building to the left was the Ukranian club. We mended their tellies for them and we were rewarded with ultra cheap beer after work.

Happy days indeed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BRW..jpg
Views:	104
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	197207