View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2020, 1:34 pm   #1
Chris55000
Nonode

Default British Drawing Lettering now Available!

Hi!

I've just had an email from Chris Flippard giving me his permission to upload my British Drawing Uno Stencil Fonts, so please find 'em attached with a note on ther usage included in the zip file!

a) The 'BA' font is Architectural Style Lettering, used by Reddifusion/Doric on their TV Service Manuals, and Scopex Manuals;

b) The 'BC' font is that used on 'Wireless World' diagrams from 1944 to 1968 and a number of T & M OEMs, e.g. Cossor, EMI, Earlier Marconi, used them as standard on their circuit diagrams!

Also used by Bush/Murphy as standard from 1960–1970 and by Thorn as Component Values.

c) The 'BS' font is the Sloping Lettering used by Practical Wireless and Practical Television magazines from 1948 to 1961, and used by Thorn/BRC for PCB terminal connections and Test Point and Voltage Readings.

d) The 'BU' font is the standard "Radio and Electronics Constructor' diagram font, also used by the RSGB from 1950 to 1970 on all their drawings.

e) The 'BS 3693' font is an authentic representation of the lettering used by British Manufacturers on Meter Scales and Front Panels, etc., and works with the "Meter" software from Tonne Software!

These fonts work fine in Word, Excel, Graph applications, and any CAD/EDA tool able to support TTF font files!

Please enjoy using them in diagram work as much as I did!

Chris Williams
Attached Files
File Type: zip UNO Stencil Alphabets.zip (324.1 KB, 271 views)

Last edited by Chris55000; 25th Mar 2020 at 1:42 pm.