View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2020, 12:21 pm   #4
David Simpson
Nonode

Default Re: Avo CT160. Supply set function does not work

Graham,
Your query has fallen amongst a flurry of CT160 thread enquiries. Its imperative that you follow Jeremy's advice. And, as a new CT160 owner, study all the recent thread posts as well as the AVO Servicing Manual.
If you cannot acquire the needle onto that black "Set AC" mark on the meter scale - firstly check your incoming mains voltage, then secondly(if your comfortable & experienced in electronics circuitry) measure the 55V secondary winding. This needs to be spot-on for valve testing procedures.
However, if you are new to vintage electronics & valve testing in general, then my repeat advice is to get your CT160 checked out & calibrated by a recommended qualified person. There are one or two amongst the Forum &/or BVWS fraternity. I'm not ringing my own bell here, as I'm too far away in the wild north of the UK to be involved in offering such valuable services. But "value" has a meaning here, as CT160's & their AVO siblings cost a fortune these days, as does genuine AVO replacement parts.

Regards, David