View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2020, 12:59 pm   #1
Petedox
Pentode

Default Bush TV22 Doubler

Hi, I'm into the second week of my restoration, and have what seems to be the usual double whammy of Frame blocking oscillator TX and LOPT overwind o/c (CRT heaters are ok, I'm hoping it's not LE.....). All other wound components check out ok resistance wise.

Thanks for the heads up from Ian and Fernseh for making me aware of these possible failings, and also to Keith for his excellent restoration link.

So at the moment my blocking TX is with Mr Dinning for rewind, and my LOPT has been stripped of tar. Unfortunately after several hours I just cannot find the 'ends' so I am resigned to either finding a new one (no response to my wanted ad so far!), or using a doubler.

I wouldn't class myself as a complete 'purist' when it comes to restorations, but I like to keep the age and look as close as possible to the original, so I've had an idea to replace the overwind with a similarly sized 'donut ring' doubler which slides over the LOPT. The donut itself would probably be the plastic base of a vitamin pot or similar, with components set in silicone compound, please see attachment.

My questions are:

1) Can you see anything wrong with the general concept of this idea?

2) Are the capacitor values of 10nf@3Kv ok?

Any other observations greatfully received! Thanks.

Pete
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Doubler ring.pdf (176.0 KB, 128 views)