View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2021, 8:14 pm   #145
19Seventy7
Octode

Default Re: Philips G8 G22K522

Quote:
I don't have a layout but it should be near to IC2001, the circuit ref. I'm looking at for the preset pot is 2177 (220 ohms) The preset pot sets the emitter voltage on the phase detector transistor inside IC2001 which is pin 1 the collector is pin 2 which is the output to the reactance stage..
I think I might know the one actually, I noticed a control last night near the start of the yellow flylead from the central bottom PCB which would be board 2. I'll wait until I've got the setting up procedure from Welsh Anorak and take it from there.

Quote:
Those voltages look almost exactly right - you only need to go to one decimal place at most. Just check the adjustment slug hasn't fallen out of the coil - that frequency is so far out it has to be either that or a tuning component. There was no need for these oscillators to be crystal controlled, just to free run at approximately line frequency. Yours is galloping!
I'll get the manual out tonight and copy you the setting up procedure.
That's definitely a relief. I wasn't too sure about them. I'll check the coil and let you know. If it has fallen out, and I'd made adjustments would it still affect whats on screen? It does still adjust.

Thanks for help, much appreciated
'77