View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2013, 11:28 am   #927
adriaanhendrik
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: The "Sussex" Homebrew Valve Tester.

Hi all,

Just to keep you informed. I finished my Sussex in the last weeks since my former post.
It works as expected and I have tested as much valves, as I have here.
Most readings confirm what is in the VALVO manual, so I trust I did a good job.
I have used a double HEATER switch and an extra relay, to be able to measure DC and AC in the same action on the extra HEATER meter on the left.
I sneaked in an extra DC position on that (AC)meter just after the diode to be able to measure both (an extra resistor is in place to compensate for reading the right Voltage). The relay switches the wire before and after the diode on the meter pcb. I may have overdone it there as a solution, but I like it anyhow

The only strange thing I came upon is, that the 'cont.' LED in the '0' pos. lights up only dimly and then brightly, as I switch to 'LEAK1' and 'LEAK2' only to become dimly again in the 'TEST' pos. Maybe I made a mistake there..
I have to recheck my wiring once more..

Until now I didn't dare to short the Anode or Grid pins to test the other LED's.
Les, I have followed your wonderful 'my version' doc for this build and i thank you for its clarity, but is this safe to do, when not in the 'TEST' pos.?

Regards,
Ad
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2638.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	83885   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2640.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	83886   Click image for larger version