View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2022, 8:29 pm   #35
Pamphonica
Nonode

Default Re: BVWS Biggleswade Meet and Auction - Sunday September 25th 2022

Firstly, a big thankyou to everyone, visitors, stallholders and helpers, for making our inaugural BVWS Biggleswade event a great success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehertz View Post
I haven't been to Harpenden for a long while, decades in fact. I recall dozens of stalls there, and so being a little disappointed in the amount of stalls at Biggleswade - no reflection on the event in general I hasten to add, just the amount of stalls.
There were 30 stalls at Biggleswade plus the auction tables. 2 stalls were not taken up on the day and 5 were for the Wireless Museum Bring & Buy. The last Harpenden was about 24 stalls plus 3-4 for the Bring & Buy. The Harpenden Hall was probably a bit bigger, and the auction took place on the stage. So actually, the Biggleswade stall numbers were about equal. I do certainly remember Harpenden a decade or more ago, with probably 50+ stalls, but the numbers had dwindled over the years. Hopefully as word spreads, Biggleswade can reverse this trend.

The new Biggleswade main hall allows a more relaxed, spacious and light stall layout with the potential to enlarge the stall numbers in the main hall, and even to hire extra smaller rooms if the demand justifies it.

If anyone has comments, or ideas to encourage more visitors or stallholders please contact me. My email is in the front of the Bulletin.

See you all in March for the next Biggleswade Meet (and the BVWS AGM).

-Jeremy