Old 24th Jul 2017, 1:42 pm   #67
mhennessy
Dekatron

Default Re: Cheap multimeters

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhennessy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBungle View Post
I just measured my UT61E to actually get a real reading and the 3dB point is 41KHz with a source and termination impedance of 600 ohms at the terminals. It is completely flat from about 5Hz to 20KHz. No warranty on this figure though!
That's good to know - thanks
Just a "heads up": the Uni-T UT61E is normally £40 or more, but Banggood have them on offer for £31.65

Having been procrastinating about this one for many months now, I couldn't resist at that price. I'll review it when it arrives...

Just FYI, as well as the high resolution (22,000-count), this meter does logging. I'm not sure how well that works - the manual doesn't give much away, but from what I've read previously it might be that the meter needs to be connected to the PC while logging. Normally, a logging multimeter does that on its own, with the data uploaded afterwards. There's pros and cons of each...

Based on previous experiences with Uni-T meters (badged as Tenma, as sold by Farnell), I'm frankly not expecting this one to be any safer than the Aneng meters (Joe Smith has run a series of videos investigating this meter, and there's lots on EEVBlog), but for low-energy bench use, it's a lot of functionality for not much money.