View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2018, 12:02 am   #83
Bazz4CQJ
Dekatron

Default Re: The Best GDO Ever Made?

Many thanks for that Al. Did you note my comments in post #8 of the thread regarding the deliberate inclusion of a resistor of 10-20k in parallel with the cathode choke, and if so, any comment on that? Much of this finer stuff is "above my pay grade" (comment on BBC pay grades, avoided).

Do you have any comment re my guess that the RFC in the picture (a couple of posts ago) of the Model 59 head would be 200-300uH?

Bits are arriving for my M59-Homage project. As a minimum, I simply want that to work from 5-150MHz, so should be straight forward. The split-stator tuning cap I have have as a swing of ~ 4-45pF, a bit smaller than ideal (the M59 runs to 110pF) but apart from the swing, it's a nice component for this specific task and, crunching the numbers in Excel, looks like there need not be too many coils for my needs.

My numerous medical appointments wiped out the last week, but my root canal now seems fine, so I should be firing on at least three cylinders this coming week (don't ask if it's a 4 or a 6). A visit to Redditch is pencilled in - where is that Kevlar vest?

B