View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2018, 8:06 pm   #11
ColinTheAmpMan1
Octode

Default Re: Reverb foot pedal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brinorl View Post
I have now stuck the switch inside the cab, and secured the cable inside as well. All very neat and tidy. Have sent a photo, but its gone astray. or maybe to Colin the Amp Man.
Hi Brian,

Yes, I got the photo and I think you have done a good job. I have attached the photo to this post. It is possible that if ever you gig with the amp, you might just have to turn up the volume and the footswitch could rattle against the cabinet, but that might be of no concern to you.

On the subject of gigging, as I said in my earlier post, if you are putting both a guitar and a microphone through the amp, then if you make any announcements between numbers, turn off the reverb, otherwise you are likely to sound like you are in a bathroom! I don't know if your amp has tremolo, but putting that effect on a voice can sound really weird. There are times when it has been done - if I remember correctly Donovan's recording of "Hurdy-Gurdy Man" did it (incidentally, I think I know the original Hurdy-Gurdy Man, but that is another story).

I must admit to being confused by your original description of the amp as an "old Fender". To me, that means one made back in the heyday of Fender and using lovely valves. I don't think that you could do much harm to your Sidekick, as it is hardly a classic, even if it does sound ok. I have some information on the Sidekick 20 Reverb, but unfortunately no circuit diagrams or layouts. That doesn't mean that they can't be found on t'internet, though.
Good luck, anyway.

Colin.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20180122_14_21_51_Pro.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	156010