View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2018, 12:10 pm   #1
Cobaltblue

Default Changing the BVWS

In the Autumn BVWS Bulletin there was a very interesting letter from Steve concerning the future of the BVWS.

This is a topic that has been discussed before on many occasions and one of the key points is the name of the Society and the other is the aims of the society.

Like Steve I joined in the 80's whilst still in my 20's even then though the majority of members were much older.

I am not wed to the name but if it needs to be changed it will need to be inclusive to fossils like myself as well as the new blood we wish to attract.

Making Television and Audio appear in the title is fine as well as other non domestic technology such as Radar and industrial electronics.

However there will need to be come reduction in the title or it will be unwieldy.

Does it need to have British in the title?

There are already other society's that cater for most countries that were mass manufacturers so I think it should.

British Radio Audio Television and Technology Society? BRATTS

British Old Technology Society? BOTS

I am sure better minds than mine are considering this but I do accept something has to change even though I fear it

What would encourage fresh members, how do we or even should we try to maintain this manufacturing heritage.

I would interested in the views of members and non members alike.

Maybe be should be the BURPAS as Monty used to call the BVWS in the Radiophile ISTR