View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2019, 12:32 am   #35
Humptydumpty
Pentode

Default TRIO 9R- 59D Question

Going back to my old post i talked about the Trio 9R 59D that was in need of tlc .The problem was hum .And also a worn potentiometer . And G4SPZ explained what i must do to fix the noise . Even told me the right pot to order .It came in a few days only to find it was not exactly the right one .But after a little work on the pot, along with the front of the receiver exit hole it was a good replacment but a little small in diameter . . And now on to the next part . I was told by a good forum member to reposition the small transformer and fit it under the chassis .This was done .This move made no change and i still have this hum. I know very little in repair of such items .But i am going to stop this hum if i can before it and the FROG7 both go away for service . So now its back to this checking of the V8 pin5 that i was told about by Phil G4SPZ . After reading it over and over again i then realise i had been counting pin 5 clockwise . So after i checked it again its showing up a voltage of 220 volts dc. After reading the message from Phil his words were to check v8 pin 2 . Now this pin is only showing intermitant voltage like 0 volts up to 4 volts . Need more information on this to carry on the checking ., Thank you.