View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2019, 10:04 am   #7
CambridgeWorks
Nonode

Default Re: Shipping. Valve Radio Stuck In The USA.

Who knows what is in the minds of the agents dealing with the export shipping? Google can be quite awful when an uninitiated user is looking for advice.
A few years back I had an airmail parcel that was transferred to surface mail, because "A choke is a magnet and prohibited"! Royal mail did refund my postage in full...eventually... so moral is, describe a choke as a transformer, I imagine.
I have heard tales of valves being destroyed because the silvering inside is deemed to be mercury, when repacked or examined by the shipping agent. Don't know how true though.
Sounds plausible as I definitely know of one person who had capacitors destroyed as they "could hold a charge, same as a battery".
So, without going further ot, I think wait until say 1 day before the deadline to make a non received claim.
I am waiting for an atu i bought over 3 weeks ago. The uk seller seems decent and is keeping me fully informed and will refund, no quibble (as he must do) but I would rather have the atu! Seems the courier "inpost" are trying to find it still. He had 2 others go missing around the same time.
Rob