View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2020, 9:33 pm   #10
EF80TVVALVE
Octode

Default Re: GPO 232 Pyramid phone with attached bell box

Hi all,

Well this phone was put to one side for a few months, having to find a replacement transformer for the phone proved rather difficult and took nearly two months to source one.

I've now replaced the dial mechanism with a nice example, the original was badly corroded and seized solid so I found a nice one to replace it. The transformer has also been fitted and I have also sourced a replacement ATM branded handset to go with it. The photos show what state it is in now, which is a lot better than it was a few months ago.

The final parts to sort is the bakelite cover for the bellset which needs a replacement due to a hairline crack, I'm not too bothered about this so it can wait for now. More importantly I need to find the correct terminal board that fits in the bell set and then start work making the bell set look right.

I've really became fond of this little 162 after doing so much work and hours contacting almost every restorer in the UK to find a replacement transformer! I think I'm going to use it as the main landline phone as after all the trouble I think it deserves pride of place.

Two photos attached showing the upper part of the phone, minus bellset. Hopefully it won't be much longer before it is all back together again!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200729_212250.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	212179   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200729_212317.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	212180