View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2017, 2:19 pm   #18
PsychMan
Octode

Default Re: Fridge compressor capacitors

Dabbed a bit of epoxy around the said disc, and its stuck it and stopped the rattle. Also adjusted some of the spring compressor mounts as one had come loose, its not too noisy now at all. I dabbed some threadlock around the nuts to stop them shaking loose in the future.

The one issue remaining is the door seal. Its pretty knackered. I have tried adjusting the door catch, to get the door held closer to the frame when shut. Only trouble is, with the seal is held firm enough to work well, the catch then sticks and the door is a ****** to open.

I used 2 washers between the cabinet and the internal lock catch to hold the door further closed (if that makes sense). If I use 1 washer, the door opens OK but the bottom of the door seal has a gap. Is there a knack to adjusting these catches?

My other option is replacing the seal, possibly with a magnetic type and doing away with the lock catch. But whether its magnetic or compression based, I cant find any material thick enough to do the job - I would need to use something else between the door and the seal to make it thick enough.

Currently the compressor cycling suggests to me the door seal is a problem.