View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2007, 5:06 am   #43
Michael Maurice

Default Re: Humour in the TV trade.

Perhaps the best of them all for me that is goes like this:

It was a sunny afternoon in May when a young lady phoned and asked me how much it would cost to call out to repair her Matsui TV in which the picture intermittently faded out, and how long it would take to repair. She also asked if I had any secondhand TV's for sale. I told her that it would take about 20 mins to ½ hour. She then told me that they worked in the area but not lived there so could I come quite quickly. So I loaded up the car and off I went.

On arrival, the door was opened by a young asian lady and I was led through to the lounge where the lady who booked the call was sitting on the sofa wearing a very sexy little number!

I demonstrated the TV sets and whilst doing so her phone was constantly going. She was rather coy on the phone though. Then the doorbell rang and a man in a pin stripped suit appeared. He went upstairs with the white girl and two minites later he was off!

"Michael, you might have noticed that this is a massage parlour" said the white girl.

"Well I gathered something was going on, look you can do what you want, I'm quite broadminded so it really doesn't bother me."

At this point the girl decided she was too hot and took off her dress and walked around in her bra and panties.

The phone kept ringing and now she was more brazen about what she did, she described herself as 21, she looked more like 41!

After demonstrating the sets, I looked at her Matsui portable, off with the back, locate dry joint in heater circuit, resoldered, tested and refitted the back, total time taken about 5 minutes.

"I thought you said it would take 20 mins or so to fix" said the girl

"Well some jobs are easy and quick to do and some take a little longer, -------------- A bit like your game!"

She had no answer for that! She was chraging the same for going with someone as I was for fixing her TV.

"My parting question was: "Do you get much business doing this?"

"My record is 26 in a day!" she proudly boasted and with that I was off with a big beaming smile!