View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2022, 2:56 pm   #12
stevehertz
Dekatron

Default Re: Ekco ACT96 restoration

I've been continuing with applying Kurust to the lower chassis and any remaining metal straps etc. In doing so I have removed the speaker on its wooden baffle board and the latter is delaminating badly, so a new one will have to be made.

The dial scale has shrunk, but it may still be useable so long as its top and bottom edges are able to be clamped in position as per original by the set's peripheral mountings. The decorative curved mazac bar that sweeps across it will need new mounting holes to be made in the scale (or existing ones elongated, not sure yet) to enable it to be fixed. Fortuitously the bar will help straighten the distorted dial scale. The scale legends are good and strong and the opaque colour is kind of 'original' otherwise you would be able to see the 'workings' of the set through a clear scale. In the photo I have begun cleaning the right hand side of the scale. Nonetheless, I seem to recall that a forum member made a new dial scale and I would be interested to hear how they did it. I do have a drawing of an ACT96 scale but converting that into an actual scale is another thing, someone's experiences would help greatly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20220605_135944.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	258440   Click image for larger version

Name:	20220605_133616.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	258441