View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2019, 11:48 am   #79
Radio Surfer
Tetrode

Default Re: Tektronix 465b oscilloscope CH1 & 2 issues

Morning from a damp and sutiable day for fiddling with oscilloscopes.

Thank you for the efforts to try and locate the attenuator module.

My grub screws arrived at 11:00 am, great service as it was an early boat today. I went for stainless steel ones, any fixings I order are usually stainless steel due to the salty atmosphere here. I only ordered them on Wednesday evening, have yours arrived Colin?

The video links Andrew posted have been very helpful in my understanding (or clearly lack of it). This has raised another question (dunce cap at the ready).

In the videos, it was clear that when the chap demonstrating turned some of the knobs counterclockwise, the white dots were in a totally different place to mine. Could someone advise me please where the dots should be for the 7 rotational knobs at the bottom, some probably don't matter such as intensisty, focus, but the Hold Off/Norm looks as though the white sport should be at the top when at its fully rotated counter clockwise position.

Also, the delay time position when fully rotated counterclockwise on mine stops at 2 on the outer scale. I assume it should be 0. The photo might make this clearer. If that's the case presumably I just undo the grub screw and realign?

I've been cleaning the rotational pots, as best I can by standing the scope on its end and hoping Servisol will dribble down the shaft. Some have clearly improved and are less "scratchy", but I can barely turn the focus knob. Probably not something that is used much once set. Any tricks in getting at these "sealed units".

I've yet to tackle the big Time/Div cam and contacts, any comments on what to do, or not to do?

Kind Regards, Richard
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1095.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	186205