View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2018, 3:08 pm   #53
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.
Default Re: BVWS Summer 2018 Bulletin

My magazine copy was waiting in tropical Ramsbottom as eagerly awaited [post 2*]. The usual excellent high quality [in every sense] edition. I was able to check out Greg's editorial statement which I think he would have been obliged to make regardless. As most people suggest, nothing is quite that clear cut in real life and it can all be endlessly debated until your ears start to bleed. Nobody can really take a purist position but the defining point is probaly when things are so blatant it's just taking someone taking the p***!

My concern has usually been when members get too exercised about refusing non-members access to events. In practise it almost never happens! We can tell from enquiries that some potential members are often quite nervous about that. To my knowledge, at least one and possibly two people have joined the BVWS after being encouraged to turn up for a look! Unless something is obviously wrong, I think it's better to be relaxed.

I wasn't so sure about the letter which compiled parts of a thread on here that I'd seen but it was very well done and of course, not everyone in the BVWS will visit here as well

Dave

Last edited by dave walsh; 28th Jun 2018 at 3:16 pm.