Old 13th Nov 2017, 12:25 pm   #21
Vintage Engr
Heptode

Default Re: Philips PM5519 Service info

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzlevision View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Engr View Post
Incidentally the early copy of the manual I have does not show the modification, so any further info on that wouild be appreciated.
Hello,

My PM5519 service manual has this printed on the front cover:

(9499 525 00711) 800201/2/01-03.

I also have a supplement ref. SGS 27, which covers several changes, but nothing that is likely to relate to your problem. I can scan it, and post in this thread, if you wish.

The supplement SGS 27 lists other supplements that had already been published: SGS 13, SGS 20 and SGS 25 (which I do not have).

However, the supplement I do have came with the PM5519 service manual that I ordered from Pye Unicam, circa 1983. It's therefore likely that these have already been incorporated in the service manual that I have (but not certain!).

These supplements cover changes/corrections/additions to both the PM5519 Operating and Service manuals.

In case it is relevant to your hash/noise problem, there is a wiring mod shown on the layout drawing of the main PCB. I posted scans of this earlier in this thread, but only part of the track layout change is shown, so:

wire 387/1-395/3 added

connection 395/2-395/3 separated.
Thanks, you're gem!

I've just made coffee & come back into the workshop, having left the PM5519 on to warm up.
I will have a look at the that info again now, it wasn't obvious what that wiring change was there for.

David.