View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2019, 12:53 pm   #71
TonyDuell
Dekatron

Default Re: Is Ever Ready still a part of your life?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil G4SPZ View Post

A couple of other Ever Ready batteries that I’ve found inside old Avometers are the B121 15-volt, and the square section 1.5 volt cell with centre screw terminal and flying lead. I’ve got a re-stuffed one in a Model 7 somewhere but can’t remember the battery type number.

Years ago, I remember a rectangular 22.5 volt battery for instruments and camera flash guns, and maybe also used in the early hearing aids that used HiVac miniature valves. This battery had rounded corners. I think there were two sizes, one square in section, the other rectangular. Again, my memory fails me regarding the type numbers!
I can help you there :
You know the B121.
There was a longer one, same cross section, 22.5V -- B122
And an even longer one (about twice the length of the B121) that was 30V -- B123

Then there was the smaller series, approximately square cross section, much the same lengths as the ones above :

15V -- B154
22.5V -- B155 (this was about the same size as an AA cell but square cross section. I've seen a hearing aid that took an AA cell for LT and a B155 for HT alongside each other)
30V -- B156 (did this exist from Ever Ready? Other manufacturers made it. One camera with built-in electronic flash took 8 of these in series to directly charge the flash capacitor).