Thread: Mini-Mod 2021!
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2021, 6:21 pm   #90
murphyv310
Dekatron

Default Re: Mini-Mod 2021!

Hi.
I made up a minimod a few months ago. The problem I have here is severe QRM, not only on Long and Medium wave but well above, I cannot even transmit on the HF amateur bands as the receive signal is obliterated, so the HF side of the hobby is a waste of time.
OFCOM won't investigate interference on LW & MW their response is to switch to another platform! Fortunately I am just able to listen to Caroline in one room upstairs that is at the opposite side to my gadget ridden next door neighbour!
The minimod although it works hasn't enough power to flood the interference unfortunately, three feet from the radiating antenna and the QRM is taking over and 6 feet the signal from the minimod is too weak and obliterated.
The annoying thing is I believe this QRM is being radiated through the mains and I can receive it well outside both front and back, I've switched off my mains supply to make sure it's not from my home or shack and of course its not generated from me.
I've built many pantry transmitters in my time some of which can be seen on my channel, now there is little point here in bothering due to all this.
Funny though how OFCOM won't investigate when you genuinely use MW which I do.

Last edited by murphyv310; 13th Dec 2021 at 6:34 pm.