View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2018, 1:49 pm   #34
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.
Default Re: How much time do you get to work on sets?

It probaly is perfect stress wise Hamish and there are times when I "get in the zone" but about many other interests as well. Its probably a help if you've only got the one major focus [eg doing practical repairs] which is more than understandable if you're on this Forum and there aren't too many life issues that get in the way. I score about 4 out of five on Tim's check list for example but I do watch TV [especially BBC4] and listen to Radio 4 [although I use R3 for calmness as he suggests, especially late at night].

It's good to concentrate and relax but I don't want to be separated out from the rest of the world too much-unpleasant as it often is! I like to know what's going on generally-it's often quite amusing. A young woman called Juliet [not Desdemona] met a chap named Othello [not Romeo] on First Dates Hotel last night. She was a bit confused by his name at first but had obviously seen a film of some sort relating to his Shakespearean moniker and said "I think they did a play about that as well". Yes 400 years ago

I'm just about to flag up a sound recording item being Broadcast on 4xtra [another favourite] this weekend so "hear"we go again down the eclectic Yellow Brick Road!

Dave W