View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2018, 1:23 am   #24
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.
Default Re: How much time do you get to work on sets?

Blur had a 90's CD called Modern Life Is Rubbish! True in one way but not at all in another. ["A worried man with a worried mind-I used to care but things have changed" Bob Dylan]. It's important to be aware that few of these problems existed only 50 years ago or so. Most people were dead, often before retirement age or just after. A better deal for the [actually quite caring] Governments of the day than they could have imagined really. Nobody thought that Mobile Phones would be mainly a constant emotional prop either!

Based on areas of electronic interest and many others, the older section of the population seems quite sharply divided between people who have nothing to do and those that are more busy [and sometimes exhausted] then ever!

I was in the Bury Archive with my friend Mike recently, researching Family History, when we looked around and realised how very many people were free to contribute voluntary hours to their areas of interest and how new that all is. It's the same with Vintage Radio. On the other hand though, if you are struggling to balance work or survival with personal interests it's a very different situation!

It's hard to spot a period of great social change when you are in the midst of it!

Dave

Last edited by dave walsh; 10th Oct 2018 at 1:32 am.