View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2023, 8:31 pm   #286
3pinplug
Pentode

Default Re: Help needed with - Racal Dana 9081

Hi all
Firstly a big thank you for looking into the diode situation for me, I have made some more progress and attach some pics which may show something as well.
Paula suggested trying a few 1N type diodes I checked and I had some 1N4007's so dropped one of those in, have only just seen the follow up posts as typing this now.

So I replaced C11, no improvement
Attempted to replace D3 - original broke replaced with 1N4007 and unit still the same with cycling display.
Changed C29 all still the same.
Put scope on T6 and got the following as shown in the pic 2v/div

Pic 2 - this is the trace with coarse and Fine set at min.

Now I increase the coarse control, get to about 10pm and then it goes to a single line at about 4.8v as shown in Pic 1

Continue twisting coarse towards max then you get Pic 3 very bright more than one trace again.

Then right at max the display the frequency display changes from 76.000 to 0.000, but only right at max , turn coarse display backwards the minutest bit and the frequency display reappears. So looks like I have a rogue signal, when packing away before typing this I noticed that the coarse and fine control is a little loose so I will try and tighten it and see if that makes any difference.
Regards
Mark
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pic1.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	276099   Click image for larger version

Name:	pic2.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	276100   Click image for larger version