View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2018, 7:58 pm   #1815
Chris_A
Triode

Default Re: AVO Multimeter survey

Ian,

Yep I was surprised to see the TEMO data sheet state Model 8 Mk VI or VII but TEM (Test Equipment Management I Think) were the RAF authority based at RAF Brampton, I was down there a few time when I was on Nimrod, so I think the data is right.
There is a lot of info on the disc I have but I've not previously explored it.
I'll do some chasing on the 5QP numbers but before NSN's there were only Section & Reference numbers and the old ones were 5 digits, so 5QP is the old money version of 6625-99 and the 5 digit number the predecessor to the 7 digit numbers. Initially they just put zeros on the front but whenever they had a conflict they would give it a new number.
The AP is from 1968 updated in 1988 but i think its just the Parts Catalogue at the back which was updated, the pages attached show the buckle and latch case.
I think that I read somewhere that the TSMR No1 did not have a button also I dont know when the hard cases came in but i dont remember seeing them in service until sometime in the 80's .
I'll have a look to see if I can find anything on the 6625-99-949-1999 vs 6625-99-949-1977 but a lot of the data is being deleted because it has been dormant for more than 6 years (philistines - dont delete anything!!)

cheers Chris
Attached Files
File Type: docx Meter & Case.docx (205.4 KB, 110 views)
Chris_A is offline   Reply With Quote