View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2018, 12:53 am   #1807
Sinewave
Octode

Default Re: AVO Multimeter survey

Having now gone through every meter of the NATO job lot, the large NATO/MOD job lot aquasition consists as follows.

The attached spreadsheet details the types.

Interestingly I note that I have an 8x Panclimatic with the scaling in 2.5, 25, 250.

The 9sx is made up of variants stating
  • Test Set Multirange No.1 High Sensitivity - on the rear plate
  • Some on the movement scale sate - Multimeter type 12889/|\5QP/17447
  • Some on the movement scale sate - Test Set Multirange No.1 High Sensitivity NSN 6625-99-105-7050

So there is a variation in the 9sx, or what a 9sx is.

There are some regular Test Set Multirange No.1 High Sensitivity, sated in the movement as usual and again as usual on the rear plate.

So whether the TSMR No.1 HS I have did at one point have a 9sx badge on it which fell off in the past, I don't know. As we know, some of the model 8 mark 2 and 3 badges on some meters have come away and been lost, so could this be a possibility?

Or was there genuinely a mixture of 9sx being a TSMR No.1 HS and the seperate unit which was never designated to be a 9sx?

As noted, some 9sx have the type 12889 in the scale and not TSMR No.1 HS, apart from on the rear plate.

One 9sx has a Z prefixing the nato stock number and the same on the NSN for the case.

The 7x doesn't show anything unsual.

The case types are noted also. Gn being green, 2bk/2 twist being two buckles and two twist locks on the case and 4 twist locks being the other type with no buckles at all, just four nice twist locks.
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx NATO Avometer Job Lot.xlsx (4.7 KB, 182 views)