View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2018, 3:28 am   #43
joebog1
Banned

Default Re: Pre-amp for Golden ears

VT FUSE.

I took your suggestion and have spent a few days watching the rain (yeah, yeah, you have it 300 days a year, WE have 300 days of sunshine a year).

AND reading up on miniature valves. 6112 looks like the ants pantz! Although I have also taken your suggestion and looked at Russian alternatives. $360 US for 10 or $15 dollars US for ten. Go figure and remember, Sputnik was in space first!! I still remember standing on the back verandah as a kid in minus 10 degrees watching a tiny spark flying by.

This forum is a wonderful encyclopedia of knowledge, IF it is biased to eccentric people who love all things bright and beautiful, er and electrically powered, USUALLY with enough grunt to extinguish life if a lazy hand reaches the wrong little solder tag, while holding the chassis still with the other hand.

We now have two BIG storms approaching, one from the east, and one from the north west, so I haven't ordered any yet as I might not have anywhere to store them, or experiment if the house falls down ( or blows away )

Again I thank you for the insight!!

Joe