View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2017, 3:43 am   #1
Bazz4CQJ
Dekatron

Default HRO 'Set Top Box'

This is my HRO ‘Set Top Box’, first discussed in a thread about HRO product detectors a couple of months ago. This is at an ‘early prototype’ stage and contains only the new PSU for the receiver and the DFM. The front panel is a just a ‘sacrificial’ scrap of plywood, pending decisions about what will finally end up in the box and what the front panel needs to include. The unit is a little taller than I would have liked, being dependent on the size of the HT transformer. The HRO itself is (slowly) being completely rebuilt, but is now at a stage where I can start applying power.

When the HRO is finished, the next item to go in the box will be an audio processor module with a bandpass filter from 200Hz-2.5kHz and which also includes an ‘expander’ circuit. That is actually an old Maplin kit, dating back to those distant days when they did good stuff. It was originally designed as an 'add-on' for use with an Eddystone EC10. Later on, I might get around to putting a product detector in. I hope there will be enough space on the front panel for a small, front-facing loudspeaker.

I think the black paint will need to be replace by a suitably respectable grey.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020159.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	151956