View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2018, 10:08 pm   #12
muttley1984
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Help with Braun MT99R

Apologies for the delayed response, my broadband has been down this week and has just been re-connected!!

Thanks to all for your advice and suggestions. In the absence of internet I have been trying to translate various parts of the user manual to see if I can verify some of your comments. Unhelpfully there are lots of words and very little diagrams i'm afraid! If anyone can read German and is happy to help then I will get it scanned at work and will post it to the thread

Thanks for all your help. Its great I now know where the grid coupling capacitor is and where the pickup is shown on the circuit diagram. I have been looking at the circuit diagram and still cant get my head around how the 'piano keys' switch contacts work. Without this I dont think I have much chance of tracing cables. I will spend a bit more time trying to figure this out but any help is much appreciated.

I'm pretty confident about the deck height as Sobell1980 has a BSR UA8 deck in this specific radiogram

According to a very vague translation the DIN socket does appear to be something related to 'magnetic recording using a tape'?

Very eager to see a picture of sobell1980's set up as I am really hoping this will confirm the theory that the pickup wires go to the sockets on the paxolin plate that carries the DIN socket. If I can confirm this I can turn my attention to powering the motor

Boater Sam - are you suggesting that the "two resistors and capacitor" shown on the circuit diagram in the pickup box would have been integral to the original deck but will not necessarily be an integral part of the BSR UA8? If so will I have to install and integrate these somehow?

I live 1hr30min drive from my grandmas house and really dont want to transport the radiogram so when I do get there next I really want to make the most of my time so all your help and suggestions are most welcome otherwise I think this project could have gone on for years!!!