Thread: 14-bit DAC
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2022, 11:40 pm   #11
Radio Wrangler

Default Re: 14-bit DAC

Filterless merely means that other things that weren't necessarily intentional wind up doing the filtering. Maybe power amps, maybe ears...

I've mucked about with all sorts of analogue-digital and vice versa conversions, pushing them to limits somewhat beyond audio. There's a patent I did on using multiple noise shaping systems operating in parallel, but with the pseudo-random noise de-correlated between the rival paths. At the time I cast it in terms of frequency synthesisers, but it'll work for audio DACs and ADCs. US pat 6509800. The listing of who's cited it makes interesting reading. Fun!

And I don't let being a moderator get in the way of a good technical discussion. We've probably both made our minds up on what viewpoints we take, and they're probably different, but that's no reason not to be friendly and respect each others right to their view. Any form of bulldozing would be quite improper.

David