View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2019, 3:26 pm   #13
Techman
Dekatron

Default Re: Kodak Carousel slide-projector - remote-control?

Seeing this thread the other day reminded me that I had one of these Kodak Carousel slide projectors. It had been a few years since I'd seen it last, as it's been buried in the very depths of the loft. Yesterday evening I spent a happy hour up in the cold loft, unearthing loads of stuff in my quest to find it. I eventually found it complete with its wired remote, one carousel partly full of slides and the tape recorder that originally went with it, plus all the interconnecting leads. These are a bit of a pest to use without the remote control, and I noticed that there was one of these projectors listed in the "offered" section a while ago, and that one had the remote control missing, which seems to be quite common for them to become lost along the way. I'm convinced that there should be more carousels of slides with this machine, but search as I may, I could not locate them, so presume lost in time somewhere along the way. Although I've got quite a large loft, there's a lot of stuff up there, so they'll probably surface sometime when I'm looking for something else, another time, another day. I came across quite a bit of 8mm gear while I was looking, all pretty pointless and valueless these days, unfortunately. The surviving carousel was with the projector itself in its purpose made carrying case. Now it's down in the house, I'll let it acclimatize to the house temperature for a day or so and then fire it up for some 2x2 slide fun, hoping that it still works and the cardboard slide frames haven't come unstuck with the damp - it was working fine before it went up in the loft a few years ago