View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2014, 8:32 pm   #184
sobell1980
Octode

Default Re: The Thanks Thread

Huge thank you to Jim, user name G4XWDJim. I requested, asked for help with locating some specific B7G sockets. Jim promptly replied last night and invited me over today to pick some up, free of charge. When I arrived I was greeted with a cup of tea and huge supply of the sockets I very much needed. We went into Jim's fabulous workshop with my Roberts RMB where Jim made sure I came away with exactly what I needed. Being fairly new to the hobby, Jim had also put together two large boxes of spares for me to take away to build up my spares, hundreds of valves that I will be able to use for substitution and many types of transformers.

What a lovely suprise for a beginner to come away with. Just what i needed. Thank you so much for your generosity Jim. While I was there Jim also tested a suspect valve for me on his valve tester which luckily turned out good! This was great to watch having never seen this done before, Jim clearly explained to me how it worked and what we were looking for. I even got a brief tutorial on basic alignment while I was there. It was a great experience to meet Jim, he offered loads of encouragement and guidance on kit etc.

Thank you for all the parts and for your patience with a beginner. It was great for someone with your experience to spend that time with me.

Many thanks. Kind regards, Dave.
sobell1980 is offline   Reply With Quote