View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2019, 10:47 pm   #130
ORAWA01
Hexode

Default Re: Antenna recommendation for 40 and 80M bands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazz4CQJ View Post
So, looking at your post #99, am I right in saying you've now got an inverted V, cut for resonance on 80m, with a 1:1 balun feeding coax to the shack, and I'm not sure about what you finally did re an ATU?

My reason for asking is that I have men with a big chainsaw arriving on the 17th to do some major tree work (you have to book these guys months in advance in leafy Oxfordshire!) and thereby creating a new opportunity to put up an 80m inverted V. It will be Christmas come early .

(trees are not being felled just to make room for an antenna, but in part, to keep a reasonable (he's paying 50%) neighbour happy).

B
Yes, the inverted V was working ok on 80m and 20m, but not good on 40m.
I was going to add another wire cut for 40m band making it into a fan dipole, but I thought I would try something else.

I have taken it down, and set up a wire loop. It is total length of 40m long, and the wire comes directly into the ATU balanced ant. input post.
I have acquired another ATU with unbalanced and balanced input now.

It has been working OK on most bands. Feels very efficient on TX, and RX is also up by S2-3 points than all other antennas I have tried so far.