View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2018, 9:10 pm   #1
PsychMan
Octode

Default Bush SRG86 Asbestos?

Evening all. I decided to finally remove the chassis from the SRG86 radiogram that's been on my "to-do" list for 2 years or so. I was surprised to see what looks like an asbestos heat shield above the audio output stage, I haven't seen this in a radiogram before but then again, I haven't been in many radiograms...Seems a little excessive here given there's plenty of clearance between the EL84s and the top of the cab..

In terms of condition it looks like some small parts may be flaking off. I've carefully removed the chassis and blasted it clear of all dust outside, and have wiped the inside of the gram with a wet cloth. Any advice on what to do with this panel? I understand one option might be to seal it with something? Any tips what I could use? Id rather do it in situ if I take this path.

Or should I remove it and replace with something like modern plumbers heat shield? I've done this before with the backing of lighting ballasts in my jukebox.

I've encountered asbestos a few times, but usually it didn't seem in danger of shedding like this.

Any views appreciated,

Adam
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3402.jpg
Views:	434
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	157534   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3401.jpg
Views:	495
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	157535