View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2019, 3:02 pm   #1
G4CMY_Tony
Triode

Default Panasonic DMR-E75V fault

Although this probably doesn't really count as true vintage equipment, I was hoping one of the learned people on here might have come across this before.

the DMR-E75V is a combined VHS and DVD player / recorder. I've had it for many years and currently use it mainly for digitising VHS tapes either to my computer or direct to DVD.

A while ago it developed an intermittent fault when it would power off when brought out of standby and would only power back on when unplugged and plugged back in a few times

The fault has now developed so that it will not power on at all when plugged in.

I have seen several of these machines for sale for spares or repair with a fault described as "will not power on" so I am guessing it might be a common problem.

I suspect a power supply fault but am unable to find any service details about this model. I can find a manual for the DMR-E75VP but that seems to be a very different machine with a HDD.

If anyone has knowledge of this I would be very grateful for any gems of wisdom. Even a circuit diagram would be useful.