Thread: Aspect ratio
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2019, 12:37 am   #28
19Seventy7
Octode

Default Re: Aspect ratio

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave walsh View Post
Predictably, this has got very complex! So the VCR in the daisy chain [post 11] is actually there to facilitate experimenting with various X Box configurations Or is that wrong? Are you recording to tape? I like a good quality picture but sometimes content is more important and I can live with side bars or a reduced resolution. It's very personal. Some people here say its impossible to watch VHS material on say, a 50" FS but I do-some times!

Dave
Hi,

Yes it has! The VCR is there for use of a Modulator, and will most likely be a permanent modulator, or long term at least. I'm not recording to tape, but I do play tapes with a different VCR, which for some odd reason, will not tune into my TV, so I have to hook the tape playing VCR to the modulator VCR. (The modulator VCR won't play tapes, even after a clean and a service)

If I use either xbox, usually xbox one, I skip the TP VCR and go to the Modulator VCR.

I can live with borders, but I was just wondering if there was a way to fill the whole screen, as some youtube videos fill the whole screen in either 4:3 or 16:9 (Then I lose edges)

Reduced resolution, not too much of an issue either, but can be annoying at times.

I've never played a VHS on a large screen TV, but i'd imagine the larger, HD TVs and the like show all the VHS' imperfections

Thanks