Thread: How much?
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2019, 10:55 am   #18
Paul_RK
Dekatron

Default Re: How much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentode View Post
...l found the receipt for my Linn Sondek LP12.

Dated 1987, I think that this is best value for money purchase I've ever made!...
That would have been a terrifying outlay for me, I've always been of the skinflint tendency with regard to audio equipment. Fortunately in about '82 I picked up a Thorens TD160B Mk II with SME arm for £45, and it's served me well ever since with just an occasional drive belt. It's currently paired with a flea market Teac AS-100 amplifier from the very early '70s and a somewhat older pair of Leak Sandwich 'speakers, £15 from a charity shop in the mid-'80s.

I'm without descendants, hence or otherwise I've not much idea as to what will become of the stuff here when I croak, except I trust there will be something along the lines of a tremendous auction rather than a tremendous sequence of skips. If Louise outlasts me she at least has some notion of the more valuable radios etc., and knows for instance that the Anita MkVIII calculator should be worth rather more than the £1 I paid for it. So long as I can arrange for most of the kit here to survive my passing, and for items or more likely the proceeds from selling them to find their way to someone or something I care about, I'm not too fussed.

Paul