View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2019, 11:39 pm   #27
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.
Default Re: Changing the throw away culture BBC News today.

Further to the comment by Chris [at post 2*] that's how KIA got established just at the point where the vehicle re-cycling schemes were in vogue.They offered very high quality cars with a 7 year guarantee. It seemed unbelievable but it wasn't. Probably a loss leader as the Supermarkets operate. "Simples" as the Meerkats say! We certainly won't be claiming on our car which is still going strong! I rather fear that few people will get on the re-cycling bus though. It's an instant world now. That's why we are all so happy-especially our depressed naive children.

If you haven't seen the film Interstellar I strongly recommend it to the Forum. Primarily this is a father/daughter opus. Too much consumerism and too many people has turned the United States into a Dust Bowl [as in Kansas during the 1930'S Grapes of Wrath watch that first]. There is no Army as it can't be afforded. The government now just wants farmers not progress. Belief in the Moon Landings is not PC. Conspiracy Theories are turned on their heads and re-cycling is paramount once more-especially drones from India falling into low orbit and being captured for their solar panels. There is much more including multi dimensional theory. It's very long but my daughter coped.
I'm not sure if it did well. [Too complicated you know] Tesla would approve!

Dave