View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2018, 8:19 pm   #91
19Seventy7
Octode

Default Re: CRT is brighter to one side [Hitachi CTP213]

Quote:
What I would say is if the line driver capacitor is failing, normally one side of the the picture is squashed and compressed, and it will make the line output transistor run hot or fail. From what I can see from your pictures, the problem would be in the RGB output stage, of which there are references earlier in the thread.

Please do be careful with these sets, I've lost count of the number of shocks I got over the years with 'live chassis design'.
That explains a lot about the burning, luckily it seems to be okay now. I'll replace the LD capacitor, which I think was the original issue? I'm not sure, but iI'll go back and check.

I think I should be okay replacing them as I have soldered before, and I have always got this forum or the internet should I need extra help.

I'll be very careful, I usually unplug electronics when working on them, turn them on to test, and if I need to work on it, turn it off again.

The TV will be unplugged when being worked on, and only plugged in when testing and when in use.

Thanks