View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2005, 7:19 pm   #1
Photo_Tube
Retired Dormant Member

Default The NVCF: Time To Move

NVCF : Time to re-locate
One of the issue’s mentioned at the recent BVWS AGM was the cost of parking at the NEC, apparently it is now £7 for the day (last year was £6), so I think it’s about time the BVWS should be looking at a new locations, indeed the committee wanted suggestions for reasonable alternative locations. Here are a few suggestions for the BVWS committee:

Doncaster Racecourse Exhibition Centre
Free parking over the road from the centre. The centre itself is quite large and has two floor levels that could be used. Has a small café serving snacks. Of course the event would have to be held when there is no race meeting on. Quite easy to get to from the M18 and is well sign posted.

Castle Donnington Exhibition Centre
Off Junc 24 M1 and is next to Donnington Park race circuit, free parking (Usually in the field next to the centre).

The NVCF format is one day (Sunday) twice a year, but if the BVWS moves location they may have to change the format to two days (Sat-Sun), maybe once a year ? That depends on the location used if they would allow one day uses: most events are usually two days, but I would suppose that could incur additional costs of staying overnight for stall holders.

If the BVWS stayed at the NEC, I would imagine hall rental costs are increasing as well, and then the admission price would have to increase as well.

Any more car parking increases would ‘kill’ this event for me, and I am doubtful if I am going to the May NVCF. Should the BVWS decide to move, I would fully support this.

Thank you