View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2020, 4:37 pm   #348
David Simpson
Nonode

Default Re: BBC TV: The Repair Shop

Trouble is, for Forum folk & the fraternity of radio restoration folk in general, the TV watching public will see a couple of radio repair duffers on The Repair Shop and we'll all be tarred with the same brush. The art restoring lady does exceptional work, as does the horologist guy, the ceramics lady, and so on. So for broken radios, why didn't the producers acquire the services of genuine Vintage Radio Repair & Restoration professional ?
Talking of professionalism, I've a cousin out in the USA whose retired husband has restored an MG TF(I'm deeply envious). He tells me that the American TV car restoration programs "Fantom Works" & "Chasing Classic Cars" are the bees knees. As I've seen myself, every nut & bolt is genuine new galvanised or stainless steel, and the engineering work exceptional. But their vintage car fraternity are appalled at UK car restoration TV programs we are lumbered with. Despite a great number of bespoke engineering enterprises, particularly in the midlands - the quality of the presenters & the reliance on the pathos of the background stories let us down.
I do like "The Goblin Works" though, and that tall lassie is gorgeous !

Regards, David.