View Single Post
Old 28th May 2019, 11:40 pm   #172
Paul_A_R
Tetrode

Default Re: Old torches - anyone here collect them?

This is a torch which I will resist the urge to add an LED bulb. Particularly if it turns out the blue bulb still works.

The model is a pocket lamp called the Duchess. I think it is a Ward and Goldstone of Pendleton lamp. At least it sports their patent number. The patent also covered a pocket lamp with the bulb in the centre which was branded Goldtone which was one of their trade names.

I will try it out when I decide what to do about the battery. It looks like a two cell version of the 3LR12 type. I have not found any current 2LR12s. The closest I have found for size is the American Eveready Tungsten 750. Possibly one of the GB Ever Ready 2 Cells (1450 Midget, 1678 Gnome, 730 Standard, 88 Bijou) would work but I have only seen these in price lists, no sizes or photos.

Though I suppose to be accurate I should make one of the Ward and Goldstone Volex brand batteries. No doubt they would have supplied their torches with their own batteries but again no dimensions or photographs found so far.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Duchess pocket lamp front.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	184094   Click image for larger version

Name:	Duchess pocket lamp internal.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	184095