View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2018, 5:00 pm   #40
avocollector
Heptode

Default Re: How much time do you get to work on sets?

I am retired and have the most wonderful thing - my own 10sq m shed with power. So I can close the door. lock it and the radio is safe on the workbench until the next time. I also have quite a few larger plastic bins with snap on lids (40 litre ones) as I find you can put most radios in one to clear the desk when needed - just be sure to put some notes on what you've actually done to avoid repetition!!
Have a large garden and wife as well who can find one all sorts of jobs at the drop of a hat - and which must be done NOW!! LOL. But I feel like I get more then enough shed time and welcome the variety that comes with gardening, house maintenance etc etc. Of course I'm not running to any sort of deadline so that really helps.

As for the amount of stuff - umm I've erred on the side of excess here as I also bought a new 9sq metre tin shed to use as a sole electronic workshop (the other does a bit of meta1 and woodwork as well) and built it up on a nice wooden floor - and cleverly filled it with old electronic stuff to the brim!! Mostly ancient test gear (scopes, meters etc etc). So I'm still in my original shed for workspace.

Almost forgot to add I too have mostly given up watching TV as it's simply so much utter drivel all the time - youtube and internet does me for info/entertainment.

Last edited by avocollector; 19th Oct 2018 at 5:07 pm.